Grange English Department
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Grange English Department

Forum for Grange students to answer their homework tasks

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing

Go down 
+14
Francisco Rencoret
Matías Christiansen
antoniamardones
Catalina Junemann
francisco grgurina
Emilia Valenzuela
beleen esquiveel
Francisca Fuchs
Teresita Purto
Benja Blas
Trinidad Campusano
Manuel.Sobral
Nicolás Delorenzo
Admin
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:52 pm

Empathic Writing is descriptive writing that focuses on 'putting yourself in someone else's shoes' (Thanks to Ms Mardones for our definition)
This means attempting to capture at a specific moment the person's emotions and thoughts, AND their voice. The character you portray must match up with the one we know from the play.

In preparation for this watch the following clip from friends.

Your task is to choose to write the diary entry the night after the fight from the perspective of either Joey or Chandler. Obviously you have to make appropriate references to plot, but the key here is to capture the thoughts and the voice - you know how these characters would think, you have watched them for hours. Use that time now.
Back to top Go down
https://grangeenglish.forumotion.com
Nicolás Delorenzo

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:21 pm

Character: Joey

Dear diary,
Today I had a difficult day I had a silly and childish fight with Chandler for a chair. It all started when he went to the bathroom and I sit on his chair, there’s nothing wrong in it I don’t know why he was so angry when he get out. Then he started to tell me to get away but in a bad way what offended me, so in that moment I decided to don’t move of the chair. I started feeling angry and insulted by Chandler that continued repeating that was his chair. Finally he went to change clothes so I had some moment of peace but it didn’t last very long because when he came back he started bothering me again. I couldn’t let him win so I decided to take away the cushions what make him really mad. When I got to my room it started the worst thing Chandler had taken my under wears, this make me explode, I went furious to Chandler to ask him where my under wear was. I couldn’t find out where they were but I did something better I was going to have revenge. I told to him that I was going to do the opposite, firstly I didn’t knew what that really means but when I got to his closet I dressed with all his clothes. He was furious, I had completed my objective and I felt as the winner of the fight. Now I see that it was a fight of five years old child, feel stupid and I think I am going to say him sorry because I can’t let this non sense fight ruin my friendship with Chandler.
Back to top Go down
Manuel.Sobral

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Character: Chandler

Dear Diary:
Today, a good day turned difficult when i had a silly fight with my good friend Joey. It all started because I, as every human being, had to go to the bathroom. When i came back i saw Joey sitting on my chair, and as a normal person would do, i asked him politely to get off. After he refused i started descontrolling because i felt offended be Joey's attitude of no cooperation. I went to change clothes to see if Joey would realize his error and apologize or just let me sit in my chair, but as i came back, he was still there refusing to cooperate. He then, after a continous argue, decided to leave the chair, but he took the cushions with him !, what a childish attitude of him, a grown-up. I couldnt think of something mature to do so i decided to fight fire with fire and i took all his underwear, that really made him angry. But after that, the worst happned, he told me that he was going to do exactly the opposite i did to him, i dindt understand this, until he appeared dressed up with all my clothes, i was furious ! But after that i decided not to fight anymore, because the fight could have turned more and more violnet till the point that it would ruin my friendship with Joey
Back to top Go down
Trinidad Campusano

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Dear Diary: Haha, today there was this really funny incident that happened with Chandler. He was sitting in his chair, but then he went to the bathroom, so I sat in his chair. When he came back, he claimed his chair back because he said he was sitting there before me, and it was his chair and blah blah blah. Silly Chandler, just because he went to the bathroom and left his chair for a couple of minutes doesn’t mean that he has to return to the same chair. Besides, what’s the difference between sitting in that chair and sitting anywhere else? Then he decided that he would sit on top of me, but then I scared him off. It was really funny. He then went to change into his tux, and when he came back, he told me I had to go to get changed, so that he could sit in his chair, but I was more intelligent than him. As I was going to get changed, I took with me the cushions of the chair, what he called the ‘essence’ of the chair. I tried to change clothes but couldn’t: Chandler had taken my underwear. I went to claim it back, but he wanted his cushions back, so I decided to do the opposite of what he did to me. I came back into the room with all of Chandlers clothes on and started doing lounges. He got really pissed, but it was so funny. I perfectly remember his angry face. He finally decided to surrender, and the fight was over. I had won. Yippee!
Back to top Go down
Benja Blas

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Dear Diary: Today I was at Rachel and Monica’s place, you know chilling, eating some chips, you know as usual, but suddenly Chandler ask me to get up of “his” seat and move to another one. Why, I mean ok he might have been there earlier but he went away and I seated there, wasn’t going to stand up and move to another place just because he ask me to with no reason, why didn’t he just seated anywhere else. After some long discussion, when I was SURE I wasn’t going to move, he started acting very immaturely, sitting over me, shouting me and all sort of things. Unfortunately I had to change into my tuxedo and he was right, I had to stand up, but I wasn’t going to let him win, oh hell no, I stood up and went to our place with the seats cushions. I thought that is when it was all over, but no, he took my underwear. I went furious to him and told him what had he done, but he wouldn’t give them back if he didn’t had his stupid cushions back, that was not the end of it I went back to our place and put all of his clothe, obviously without underwear and there is when he surrender and I win again.
Back to top Go down
Teresita Purto

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Ross.
Dear diary:
Yesterday night, Chandler and Joey had a very childish fight because Joey took Chandler’s seat. It was so stupid, I had to wait like twenty minuets so that the problem got fixed, they weren’t even dressed up, which created another fight because Chandler hid Joey’s underwear and Joey put on all of Chandlers clothes. It was a complete disaster, where I felt completley helpless about their nonsense arguments. It turned out to be exausting after a while, I thought it would never end, at least it did, thank God. I feel that it is time for them to grow up and to not take childish quarrels so seriousley .
Well at least the dinner turned out ok...except for the fact that Chandler’s seat again was taken. When will this end?
Back to top Go down
Francisca Fuchs

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Dear Diary,
Today I had the most crazy day in my life, I think funny counts too. Hahaha. First I couldn't find my underwear in the morning. Well couldn't find a pair that were clean. Then it took me 20 MINUTES to by my meat ball sub sandwich. Like come on who takes 20 minutes to do a sandwich? Well it was a pretty ruff day. So when I got home Chandler went into the bathroom and I was so tired I took the free chair. Like 10 minutes later (who knows what he does in there), he came and ask for HIS seat back. Like who do you think you are? Monica? Well whatever. So when I don't stand up he starts yelling at me and screaming for his seat back. I was like what's the big deal, but I felt so offended, cause I get a chance to seat too, don't I? So I made a decision and decided not to give him the seat plus I was too tired to get up anyway. But then he just goes away and I finally get a chance to try and read a magazine. He's so dumb, everyone knows opposite is opposite.
Ten minutes later he comes back all dressed up to go and he is determined to take my seat because I had to get ready too. At that point I was so angry that I just stood up and took the essence with me, I just couldn't let him win. And he was so mad I almost cracked a smile. hahah. I was so glad I had made my point. When I was getting ready I couldn't find my underwear (which I had taken to the laundry). CHANDLER. So I went and asked where was it. He just couldn't tell me. Could he. So I did the opposite. As I was commando I just dressed up in ALL is clothes. And when to show him how handsome I looked. It was so funny and so crazy. I will never get rid of the image of his face when I walked in out of my head. Hahhahah.
Back to top Go down
beleen esquiveel

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Joey's point of view

Dear Diary:
How you doin'? got something real fun to tell you. Well today I was sitting on a chair, enjoying some chips when Chandler interrupted me because he wanted me to get of "HIS" seat. I was like "hey, you left so now is my seat", and he started arguing and yelling at me. I was like "whats the matter with you, why don't you seat somewhere else?" and he said "NO because that is my seat, and I got there first". I refused to leave because I got there second!.
Chandler didn't thought in any more mature thing to do than sitting on top of me, but i was not going to leave that easy. So I told him " this is comfortable, may be too much" and he jumped off, smart me. He then decided to go and get dressed and I was in peace again, but when he came back, he passed over the line. He insulted me, and Joey Tribbiani was not going to accept that. So I left, but i took the essence of the chair with me, the cushions. I think that pieced him off a lot because he then hide my under ware. How I was going to get dressed know? I wasn't wearing any under ware at all. That made me angry and I told him I was going to do the exact opposite thing to him. I think I didn't thought it through very well because I didn't know what I meant with that, but I had to do something, and quick. That's when I had the marvelous idea of putting all of his clothe on and as he saw me he finally yielded, and I ended up victorious.
Back to top Go down
Emilia Valenzuela

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Joey

Dear Diary: today something really stupid happened with Chandler, and childish too. Everything started because I seated on “his chair” which obviously was everyone’s chair. It didn’t had his name on it, so I seated on it when he went to do his not beautiful things at the bathroom. After he escaped from the bathroom, like ages after, he asked for “his” seat. Who do he thinks he is. He got so angry, like what’s the big deal about a chair? He got so angry, I felt offended and also, I refused to get off “the” seat. I was tired too and I also sat on that seat. So anyway, he went and dress. He still wanted the seat back and I needed to get ready too, so I took the seat cushions with me, which made him even angrier. As I started to dress up, I realized there was no underwear, which of course, Chandler took them away in form of revenge. What a child! So I asked him where he had left them, and he started laughing. I hate when he does that. But in revenge of that I said ill do the opposite, which I didn’t really knew what I was talking about, but finally I figured it out. I put dressed up whit ALL of his clothes. Could you imagine his face after he saw me? Quite funny huh?
Back to top Go down
francisco grgurina

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:20 pm

character: Chandler

Dear diary:
Today i had a very difficult day, which at the end turned funny. I went to the bathroom for about 10 minutes, and when i finished i went to my chair, but joey was sitting on it. I first asked him in a very friendly way to get up from it, but when he said no i really got angry, i mean, he was sitting on MY chair.
As he wouldn't leave it, i went to get changed, so that after i got changed he was the one that had to go. But he was still there, refusing to leave, and finally he left, but with the cushions! taking off all the "essence" of the chair. So i decided to take his underwear as a revenge, and he then told me he was going to do exactly the opposite of what i did. I really couldn't imagine what did he meant with "opposite", until he came in dressed up withh al my clothes; that really wasn't the oppsoite of what i did! But I didn't want to continue arguing for a stupid thing, so i just gave up.
Back to top Go down
Catalina Junemann

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:30 pm

Hey Diary what´s up?
Today Chandler was acting weird, I’m pretty sure he is with his PMS. He was on a fight with me (not an actual one, with smashing faces. That’s good for him, I’m sure he would have lost) He started the battle, it was all about a chair. A chair Diary, with comfortable cushions, nice smooth cloth, white as clouds, a chair… So, he though he own the chair because he was sitting there before me. He is naïve; the chair was legally mine now. You know, I didn’t want to fight with him. People like me, live in harmony with the universe, and don’t worry about chairs. This, Diary, doesn’t mean I was going to stand up, and give it up… That’s when he exceed my limits. He though it was a good idea stealing my underwear as revenge, so, with my superior brain I thought “what are you going to do Joey? Are you going to give back to Chandler what he deserves? “And Diary, I did it. I put on all his clothes. Without underwear, of course. Lol. I’m a genius, don’t you think so? And the winner is… ME! (Again)
Pd: Diary, do you think, me and you, could work?
Back to top Go down
antoniamardones

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:43 pm

I caaant see the videoo ! :s
Back to top Go down
Matías Christiansen

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Dear Diary: Today I had a very funny fight. It was about who sits in the chair. Chandler is so ******** because he got in the bathroom for 10 minutes and the he told me to move...very funny no?.Th emost funniest thing was that when I went to change cloths, I taked him the cormfortable cussions so he couldnt sit on the chair. Sometimes I question me why is Chandler so immature. He is alway fighting for something unnecesary like a chair. Well, now I am very angry, he always want's to do whatever he wants, he thinks that the chair was his...very funny.
Back to top Go down
Francisco Rencoret

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Chandler's view:

Diary, today I had a very funny incident. Joey went to the bathroom and I wanted to bother him so I sat on "his" seat at the left hand side of the room. The cushions where smooth and very comfortable, the backup was slightly tilted backwards so it make my body feel very relaxed. He came back and wanted his seat. The seat was so comfortable that I took the amazing cushions of the relaxing seat and took them into my room. When I was leaving the room I started laughing and I couldn't stop because I had literaly left him with the worst part of the seat.
Back to top Go down
Macarena Moreno

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:29 pm

Dear Diary
Today I had a funny fight with Chandler. We both were at Monica and Rachel’s place. Chandler was sitting on the most marvellous chair. He stood up quickly and went to the bathroom. Obviously, I sat on the chair, and was the greatest sensation ever. It was as I was floating on cotton candy, and I could eat it! But that did not happen in reality.
After 10 long minutes, where I surrounded comfortably by this amazing chair, my dear friend Chandler came out of the bathroom (don’t wanna go into details) and asked me furiously for “HIS” chair. I say “No”, with my angry accent, the one I use when I’m acting. We started arguing for the chair. When Ross arrived, he told Chandler to get dress. He thought this was unfair and walked unhappily to our apartment. Those few minutes I enjoyed them like I never had done it before. But this couldn’t last forever. Chandler arrived furiously and told me that it was “my” turn to get dress, so I didn’t had a better idea to take the chair cushions with me.
I arrived home, trying to get dress fast to get to the chair and enjoy the few minutes before the marriage. But i could not find my underwear! Chandler, that stupid bustard took my only clean underwear because of revenge! To make fun of him, I dress up with ALL his clothes. I looked so hot that if I went out that way i would have had 10000 dates with the most beautiful girls!
Finally, I won the fight (there was no way this superior mind could be beaten by such a dork as Chandler) and got my underwear back.
Back to top Go down
ignacio molina

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:12 pm

Can't see the video!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
francisco d

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:45 pm

dear diary:
I hate chandler he is so annoying. he complains that i take "his" chair when he went to the bathroom so i sat on it and when he came back he starts crying like a baby to give him back the chair, I say to hell that and I give him the chair but not the cushions so he is so angry. it was great. so then later he thinks he can do anything and takes my underwear I had to use tonight, I was so angry that I took all his clothes an wear them. it was so funny hahha lol! you should have seen his face.
Back to top Go down
Jose Maria Mora

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:48 pm

Character: Chandler

Diary, today I was comfortably sitting in my favourite chair on Monica's apartment. I was watching TV and everything was perfect, until I had a bad feeling... I had to go to the toilet! I got rid of all my laziness and got up. After a while I came back, looking forward to sit in the same place as before and be as comfortable. But when I saw Joey in the seat I felt an anger that envolved all my bodie; so I asked him nicely to get of my chair, and he refused. I tried and tried but it was like talking to a wall, but the difference is that walls dont steal your clothes and wear them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing   Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Task Four: Empathic Writing
Page 1 of 1